BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Food for Thought #8

JonJon posted this video which got me thinking:

 

For those of you who know me personally, I’m a fairly social person with a network stretching across Utah.  For a long time, the only moments I spent by myself were the moments before I fell asleep in bed. 

Life’s slowed down a bit in the best of ways and though I’m happily coupled I’m beginning to think I’m having trouble enjoying the time I’m alone.  I spend so much time thinking by myself as I study, as I go to the gym, and as I drive to meetings and dates.  Thinking so much keeps me in analysis mode rather than enjoying  those moments and the rest of life, especially those moments alone with my head on my pillow staring at the ceiling. 

It’s possibly time to reexamine my moments alone.  

5 comments:

Gay LDS Actor said...

I'm the opposite. I love "alone time." I always thought I'd do well in solitary confinement in prison, for example, because I have no problem with being by myself, and I enjoy silence very much. It's being social that I find challenging, although I do make an effort, and I get better as the years go on. Interesting.

shaantvis said...

that video is gorgeous. I love it. thanks for sharing it.

Cole said...

:D SO MUCH. thank you.

Hannah said...

You picked a boy? Do tell. I think we need to catch up.

A Gay Mormon Boy said...

@Gay LDS Actor: I felt very much the same way. After the mission, though something clicked.

@shaantvis and Cole: You're welcome.

@Hannah: I did. The one with the blog. Here's the url: http://chedner.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts